crusty_wonder
    Community Member
    Options

OS X 10.6.8 - 1Password 3.8.21

• crusty_wonder
    crusty_wonder
    Community Member
    Options

when I quit 1Password and then restart, that item reappears back in the vault as a login.

• crusty_wonder
    crusty_wonder
    Community Member
    Options

next time I try to delete the item, there is a message: NSInvalidArgumentException. Exception: -[AGTombstone _removeObject:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x1018f8b30

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @crusty_wonder,

That is a strange error! I've conferred with some of our tech gurus and we have a few things we'd like you to try here to get things working properly.

First of all, please try clearing the cache: Help->Troubleshooting->Clear Cache. This should properly delete the item.

If that doesn't get things sorted out, we'll have to try something a bit more complicated:

• Get the UUID of the item by using the keyboard shortcut Command+Shift+C while selecting the item in the list view
    • Paste this in a text editor so you can review it
    • Now, open a Finder window to your 1Password.agilekeychain file (the default location for the keychain will depend on if you are currently using Dropbox to sync: /Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain, or if you're not syncing, look here: ~/Library/Application Support/1Password)
    • Right-click and select 'Show Package Contents'
    • Inside the 1Password.agilekeychain package, go to Data > Default
    • Locate the item that won't delete (using the UUID)
    • Move the item out of the data folder (store it on your desktop for now)
    • Move the contents.js file (in the same folder) to your desktop as well.
    • Restart 1Password
    • Rebuild the database: Help > Troubleshooting > Rebuild data file

I know this sounds a bit tricky, so if you run into any snags, please let me know and I'd be happy to walk you through it! :)

Please do let us know which one of the solutions actually get things back to normal.

This discussion has been closed.