Multiple Vaults on Mac synced separately to iphones

Options
dedgren
dedgren
Community Member

I have purchased 1Password for Mac plus two versions of iOS (probably didn't need to buy two iOS but different iPhones). Anyway, I have a Vault set up for me (primary) and a second for my wife on Mac. Is there a way to sync each vault separately to our respective iPhones? ie, mine on my iPhone and hers on her iPhone.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dedgren,

Unfortunately, multiple vaults are currently a Mac-only feature. Our developers are working hard to bring this feature to our other platforms, but until that happens, viewing secondary vaults in iOS is tricky.

However, there is a way that we might be able to make this work for you:

• Sync your primary vault to iCloud. (Please note, this will only work if it is your own iCloud account, and not one shared by you and your wife.)
    • Sync your wife's secondary vault via Dropbox.

Because 1Password 4 for iOS is set up to look only for the primary vault in Dropbox, your wife's iPhone might not immediately find her data. If this happens, please let me know, we can help 1Password find it. :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed that this works for you, but if you need more detailed instructions for any part of this, please let me know!

• mrkswue
    mrkswue
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

I have kind of the same problem as i have a private (primary) and a business vault. I really need to have my business data on my iphone as well. So I tried to sync the secondary vault via Dropbox but it is not working. Although both iCloud and Dropbox sync is activated, no information of my secondary vault is shown in 1password on my iphone.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks
    Markus

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Markus ( @mrkswue ),

Unfortunately, as I mentioned previously, multiple vaults are currently a Mac-only feature. It is not possible to sync more than one vault to the same iOS device. The above solution might work for users who are syncing to two separate devices, but the same trick will not work to view two vaults on the same device. That is because 1Password 4 for iOS doesn't have the architecture for multiple vaults yet. We know many users are excited for this feature, and our developers are working extra hard to make it available just as soon as possible.

For the time being however, if you need to have access to all your data on your iOS device, you might want to try using Folders to keep things organized instead of vaults. I certainly appreciate that re-organizing your data (again) is not the simplest task, and I do apologize for the inconvenience.

• dedgren
    dedgren
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response Megan. It was a bit tricky as you mentioned finding the secondary vault on Dropbox as it didn't like the name of the xxxxvault.agilekeychain. I had to rename it to 1Password.agilekeychain and reset the mac to sync to that keychain. Works now, thank you!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dedgren,

Thanks for letting me know that you're all sorted out! I'm so glad to hear that this worked for you. Hopefully we'll be able to roll out multiple vaults on iOS soon and make this process much simpler. :)

This discussion has been closed.