Unable to view Pdf on iOS

JayJ
JayJ
Community Member

I recently added pdfs of documents to ID info i have in 1Password. Although it shows up an as attachment on the iOS device (iPad) when i click it i just get a blacked out pop up. It views fine on the Mac version. Anyone working on a fix for this?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JayJ,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble viewing PDF attachments on your iOS device. Can you tell me what versions of 1Password you currently have installed on your Mac and iOS devices and what you are using to keep them synced up? I'm unable to recreate this on my devices here.

I'd also like you to try re-attaching the PDF and see if it behaves any better. :)

• JayJ
    JayJ
    Community Member
    edited February 2014

I am using all the latest versions - I always update to the latest.

I have tried reattaching and it did not work. I have around 5-6 logins where it does not show attachment.

I have one 'old' attachment that does work and on that one it shows the 'flavicon' or whatever the name is to the left side of the file name whereas the one that don't work don't have the file type 'flavicon'.

I'll try reattaching again later. But there is obviously a bug as it should be as simple as dragging the file into the mac app login / entry ...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JayJ,

Please try this on your Mac:

• Select an entry with an attachment that you cannot view on iOS
    • Duplicate the entry (this copy will not include the attachments)
    • Manually re-attach the attachment

Can this entry be viewed properly on iOS?

If not, please let me know so we can do some further investigating!

• JayJ
    JayJ
    Community Member

Hi. I did as you suggested and it all works. I don't know why it didnt work the first time i did them all. Thanks for you help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JayJ,

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're all sorted out! I do apologize for the trouble though. Our developers are looking into ways to make attachments behave a bit more smoothly :)

This discussion has been closed.