Attachments Sync Error

Options
parekh
parekh
Community Member
edited February 2014 in iOS

A couple of weeks ago, I updated many of my attachments. For example, I maintain a scanned PDF copy of my passport on 1Password. A couple of weeks ago as I was updating my records I rescanned my passport. I used 1Password 4 for Mac to delete the old PDF attachment and upload the new PDF attachment. So far so good. On 1Password 4 for Mac, everything looks good - my old passport has been replaced with my new passport.

However, when I logged into 1Password for iOS I realized that my old passport has not been replaced with my new passport. What happened is that my old passport and new passport are both still there as attachments. But since the filenames are the same I am unable to differentiate them. This is a real nightmare scenario for me, because I have no way of knowing which is my old passport and which is my new passport.

The passport situation is just an example, but I actually have this problem with every attachment that I updated (and there were lots). I thought that the problem might be resolved on its own in some time, but it's been a few weeks now and the problem still remains after numerous dropbox syncs, and it's very frustrating. I would really appreciate it if somebody could suggest a solution. Thanks very much in advance.

Screenshot of 1Password for Mac: http://imgur.com/81Nmjs2.png

Screenshot of 1Password for iOS: http://imgur.com/d3JfDXr.png

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Are both of the attachments actually present on your iOD device? There is a known bug in the iOS version that prevents the deletion of attachments. You can't edit them in the iOS version either, including deleting them. You have to do that in the Mac version.

I've had what I think (but am not 100% sure) is the same issue, including with my passport. I deleted the attachment in the Mac version and when it synced to iOS devices, the entry for the attachment remained, but in my case there was no image present when I attempted to open it. The file name remained as an apparent attachment, but the image was missing. When I added a new attachment in the Mac version, it did sync to my iOS devices, but then I had two apparent attachments, one still being the empty one and the other the newly created one, which did have the desired image.

Somewhere in this forum the AgileBits folks have acknowledged this bug and promised a fix in a future iOS update. In the meantime, the work-around is to create a new record for the same information and add the right attachment to it. Then delete the old version. You end up with one record in iOS that has the attachment you want. It's an inelegant work-around to be sure, but for now, that's the best users can do.

Apologies if I have misunderstood your issue.

• parekh
    parekh
    Community Member
    edited February 2014
    Options

@hawkmoth --

Thank you very much for your response. You have not misunderstood my issue at all. The issue that you described is 100% the same as the issue that I am presently facing. Thank you also for the proposed solution: although very inelegant and inconvenient, it sounds like the only possible solution.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @parekh,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with this bug. I can confirm that our developers are working to find a solution here. In the meantime, as @hawkmoth says, you will need to recreate the entry with the appropriate attachment.

We appreciate your patience as we work to get this bug squashed!

This discussion has been closed.