"Problem with 1Password Helper" - keeps recurring, despite multiple reinstalls of extension

srosenbe
srosenbe
Community Member

I'm on Mac OS 10.8.5, Chrome 32.0.1700.107

I love your products... But the extension for Chrome seems VERY flakey. I must've uninstalled and reinstalled this extension 10 times, and the red exclamation mark keeps coming back.

I've read the troubleshooting guide a few times... I finally found the "restart helper" option by viewing the Troubleshooting guide. I am now doing this, which appears to fix the problem... For a period time. Can't you guys fix this, or automatically restart the help process when it gets into trouble?

Thanks!

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @srosenbe.

I'm sorry you're having trouble keeping the Chrome extension working reliably without restarting 1Password mini. So we can determine what's causing that problem and get it resolved please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• timbooo
    timbooo
    Community Member

Hi @sjk,

I'm having the same issue under OSX 10.9.1 and 1Password 4.2.BETA-4. I was about to post in the beta forum but thought it might be better here.

I'm doing the following (no extension installed):

1. Start Chrome
    2. Open 1Password mini -> Installing extension is suggested
    3. Install the extension
    4. Some page appears with a spinner
    5. Next page shows up, telling that there is a problem and the app must be installed correctly
    6. At the same moment a popup from the mini app shows up telling that the mini app must run at all times (which it already does)

I've sent you a diagnostics report a few moments ago.

Kind regards
    Tim

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014

Hi, @timbooo.

Did you email the Diagnostics Report from a different address than you're registered with on this forum, or to a different one than suggested in the instructions post? Even if I can't locate it someone will and we'll get this all sorted out for you. :)

Edit: I've found it, Tim!

This discussion has been closed.