Glimpse of my home screen after entering master password

Options
isaacbowen
isaacbowen
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Android

When starting the app from scratch, my home screen background is revealed when the master password activity window slides down.

Tried to get a screenshot, but the timing is tricky. :)

Edit: Using version 4.0.0b9.

Comments

• Thank you for trying to get a screenshot. Fortunately, I have been able to capture a screenshot of this, so it is not necessary. We have only been able to observe this issue so far on Android 4.4 (KitKat) devices so far. Could you confirm for me that your device is running KitKat?

• isaacbowen
    isaacbowen
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, 4.4.2.

• opuntia2
    opuntia2
    Community Member
    Options

I have 4.4 on a Moto X and I don't have the behavior.

• Hey @opuntia2. Thanks for looking into this issue. Just for confirmation, have you upgraded to Android 4.4.2?

Also, you are not seeing your home screen when you first launch 1Password (not from the background) and unlock your vault, am I correct?

• opuntia2
    opuntia2
    Community Member
    Options

@saad, I do not have 4.4.2 on my Moto X (though it's coming soon...I'm on Verizon), and correct, when I unlock 1password and the screen slides down I do not see my home screen. Hope that helps.

• @opuntia2: That definitely helps. We have suspected for a little while that this glitch is show up as a result of changes to graphics handling in one of the latest updates to Android. Your observations add a little more weight to that suspicion. Thank you.

• opuntia2
    opuntia2
    Community Member
    Options

@mverde‌ just letting you know that my Moto X updated to 4.4.2 the other day and now like the OP I do get a quick glimpse of my home screen after entering in my 1password password.

• saad
    Options

Thanks for letting us know you're still seeing this on Android 4.4.2.

• hawk7000
    hawk7000
    Community Member
    Options

I've seen the same before on both Nexus5 and Nexus10 both with 4.4.2.

I'm pretty sure I saw this when 4b10 loaded the first time but I haven't really been able to reproduce it since? Has something changed with b10 or have I just been lucky somehow?

• saad
    Options

It only happens when you launch 1Password for the first time, and not from the background. When you unlock your vault, you do get a glimpse of your home screen. It's very quick! Let me know if you're able to reproduce it now.

• hawk7000
    hawk7000
    Community Member
    Options

@saad Well, I definitely got to see it again right after the upgrade to b11 so I guess it fits the pattern.

• saad
    Options

Thank you for confirming @hawk7000. It's currently being reviewed by our dev team.

• stefan1187
    stefan1187
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. After filling in my master password there's a little glimp from the background of my phone. I also have Android 4.4.2

• saad
    Options

Thanks for letting us know you're experiencing this too. We are working on a fix at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.