Should the app work on Android tablets?

Options
mAcElite
mAcElite
Community Member

Hi, using the beta on an Xperia Ultra and Xperia Tablet Z and the app hangs on startup on the tablet Z and I wondered if it was being testing for tablets at the moment, or only phones?

Comments

• Hey @mAcElite. 1Password Beta is tablet ready and should work on your Xperia Tablet Z without any problems. I would like you to do a complete restart of your tablet. I know it's an odd request, but there's a high possibility that it may just solve the issue.

If the problem still occurs, please let me know.

• Section8
    Section8
    Community Member
    Options

I've got a Nexus 7 3g 2012 model running 4.4 and this is happening to me as well. I launch the app and it just hangs on the splash screen of the 1p lock and doesn't respond to anything. I have tried rebooting and this is a fresh install. I have the older 1password reader installed as well in addition to SwiftKey Tablet as a keyboard.

• Could I get both of you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the app? It doesn't happen often, but sometimes an install goes wrong and the app gets corrupted. It would be helpful for us to check if this is the case here. Thanks!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

For what it's worth, I have 1p installed on a Xperia Tablet Z and it works perfectly.

• Section8
    Section8
    Community Member
    Options

I found out the issue. I use a rotation locker called Rotate that was forcing the app in landscape mode. The 1password lock logo would show with nothing able to be done and not responding to input. As soon as I took off the lock and put it back into portrait the buttons that asked if I was a new or current 1password user showed up.

• Section8
    Section8
    Community Member
    Options

There is also an issue in choosing the quick unlock code when landscape mode is forced. The fields don't show up to write in! As soon as the lock is disabled and portrait mode is returned to, everything displays fine...

Beta is beta :)

• Hi @Section8,

I believe the issue with the quick unlock screen is again related to your use of Rotate. It is attempting to force rotation of a screen that is not designed for landscape layout. When you turn off Rotate, you will see that the quick unlock code entry screen is only available in portrait mode in the current version of the beta. This layout is not optimized for landscape and as a result is not rendering correctly when it is being forced to landscape.

That being said, I will pass on a a request for adding landscape support for that screen on your behalf. Thanks for the feedback!

• dslater
    dslater
    Community Member
    Options

Pass along my request for the same thing, please. I use my Asus Prime in landscape mode whenever it's plugged into its keyboard and in portrait mode only when its being used as an ebook reader. :)

• saad
    edited February 2014
    Options

I have a couple of questions that will help us investigate further:

• Is your device rooted? If so, are you using a custom ROM?
    • Did you change the DPI of your screen by any chance?

Please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.