Initial Impression of Ver 4.0.0b9 Build 20140124

Options
srelyea
srelyea
Community Member

Just started using the Android beta, and I really like it. This is going to be a great app, and I predict it will be the best password app in the Android world.

Some quick observations which you already may be working on:

When the app first comes up after you are validated, you are unable to search for a password from the main screen, unlike your products for other platforms. In other words, you must choose a category to search, or choose the category "All items". It would save time to have the all items search on the first screen, like you do for 1Password for other platforms.

Icons 1: In your other products, you see all of the individual password icons, and in the Android beta you only a generic icon for categories such as Credit Cards.

Icons 2: Once you create a password, say for a login, it appears you cannot edit it to place a image in the icon box. You can do this with other platforms for 1Password.

Syncing: It is either not always happening or is delayed. If I go into an item, say in 1Password for Mac, change an element such as the website, save it, sync on Mac, then sync on Android, the Android 1Password will not retrieve the new information.

Notes: When you create a note on the Android 1Password, you must tap the button "View Note" to be able to see it. On other 1Password platforms, notes you create are easily viewable when you bring up the record without another step.

Again, thanks for the great work. I'm looking forward to the future releases.

Steve

Comments

• Hi Steve,

Thank you for your observations and feedback. There are a couple items that you mention - such as universal search and viewing notes - that are popular requests amongst our users. I will definitely add your votes on those issues.

Editing the rich icons for keychain items is possible on some of our platforms, but we have not introduced this feature on our mobile platforms yet. Our focus for our mobile apps is not to match all of the features of the desktop versions, but rather to provide the most commonly needed features and the ones most suitable for mobile. For this reason, you may also notice other features that are available in our desktop apps but not in the mobile versions.

Your description of your sync issues and the lack of individual password icons leads me to believe that you may be using an older version of the beta. In beta 9, we introduced rich icons and made numerous improvements to our syncing routines. Could you check that you are running the latest version of the beta and let me know?

• srelyea
    srelyea
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I can't get 1password android beta to sync. Under sync settings it only gives me the option to turn on or off folder sync. There is no option to sync with Dropbox. Please help. Thanks.

• saad
    edited April 2014
    Options

If you have already set up a agilekeychain with 1Password and would like to switch to Dropbox sync from folder sync, you will need to reset all of 1Password's data & settings and start it up as if you are running it for the very first time. The beta does not support switching from a pre-existing sync configuration at the moment. Here's what you will need to do if you have already set up 1Password:

This will remove all of your 1Password data on the device. Please make sure to safely store any new items that have not synced over,everything will be deleted permanently.

Go into Device Settings > Apps > 1Password and tap "Clear data"

This discussion has been closed.