WiFI Sync is Killing Me

Options
Waterford
Waterford
Community Member

Team: I have read the threads and diagnostics on issues with WiFi Sync. No go. WiFI synch seems absolutely hit or miss. I was able to sync yesterday - today I cannot. Alternatively, one device can sync, one cannot.

Typical error: Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDOMAINCode=60

My workaround is to email pass codes or a login and then import it. Any suggestions - other than what has been posted - on what the real issue is with Code 60 and what a reliable fix might be.

~Waterford

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Waterford,

I'm sorry Wi-Fi syncing has been hit or miss for you. We are continuing to work on improving reliability with the current Wi-Fi sync system.

Additional details for the error mentioned are "The operation couldn't be completed. Operation timed out". It can happen when firewall software is enabled, like the OS X firewall, but that isn;t applicable when you're having successful syncing.

When syncing fails, have you been able to get it working again after a system and/or device restart?

• Waterford
    Waterford
    Community Member
    Options

SJK: The firewall does not seem to be an issue. Operating under the latest versions of Mac OS X and iOS, the Mac's firewall can be on or off (and when on, of course 1 Password is allowed incoming connections) and the problem seems random. Yesterday with an iPad Air, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5s - nothing would synch. Restarts did not solve the issue. An hour after trying, the 4s synched. Then I tried the other devices and they synced. It is hit or miss.

Granted iTunes or DropBox is slick and much easier. I may go back to that. Thanks for reaching out.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Waterford,

I'm sorry that we've been having trouble finding the source of your trouble here! Wi-Fi sync is still relatively new, and we're clearly still sorting out a few kinks. If you'd like to help us track down where Wi-Fi sync is going wonky, please send us a Diagnostic Report:

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Of course, if you're happy using Dropbox (which is much more automatic), that's all fine and good too :)

• aspg
    aspg
    Community Member
    Options

Did this ever get resolved? I am having the same problem with wifi sync. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it reports completion but does nothing. Sometimes it hangs with the NSPOSIXErrorDOMAINCode error reported above. Same behavior with iPhone and iPad.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @aspg,

I'm sorry that you're also having intermittent trouble with Wi-Fi syncing. We don't know if @Waterford's issue with it was resolved.

Can you send us a Diagnostics Report from the Mac you're syncing with, per @Megan's instructions in post #4? That'll help us to troubleshoot the specific cause of your problem. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.