Missing items with Dropbox sync

Options
infobhan
infobhan
Community Member

I added an entry to 1Password 4 on the Mac on one machine. It shows up on my iPhone but not on two other Macs running the same version of 1P. All three Macs have similar but non-identical numbers of items in 1Password. They are all looking at the same file and Dropbox sync is up to date on all machines. Any ideas?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @infobhan,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble keeping things synced up! If you are currently using version 4.1.2 (the latest version for users who purchased from the Mac App Store) we'll need to reset sync on your machines to properly write the sync permissions. This is because of a bug in a previous version of 1Password. You can read the details of this issue here: 1Password 4.1 Lost Sync Permissions after a System Restart, but resetting sync should get you all sorted out.

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync, and toggle Dropbox to OFF.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Reboot the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable Dropbox. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync. It should work this time.

Just to confirm that we're good to go, let's run a quick test. Please create a test entry on each device test, Mac1, test, Mac2 etc, and ensure that all entries show up on all devices. Let me know how this works!

• Zach
    Zach
    Community Member
    Options

I just found this post and these steps fixed the issue i was having. Thanks @megan!!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Zach,

I'm so glad that my steps were helpful -we're here if you run into any further snags! :)

This discussion has been closed.