Remote delete

arnabdas
arnabdas
Community Member

The ability to remotely delete all data on 1Password would be great especially in circumstances where one has lost a device. One is unlikely to lose an iPad but an iPhone being lost is a distinct possibility. Now I can change my passwords once I've lost the device but then I can't change my sensitive data like licenses etc. Please think about having such a feature.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

iOS provides a way to remotely wipe an entire device through the app Find My iPhone. Wouldn't that take care of this? I'd want lots more than just my 1Password data to be out of the hands of a stranger or thief. My contacts and calendar, for two examples.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited February 2014

iOS provides a way to remotely wipe an entire device through the app Find My iPhone. Wouldn't that take care of this?

In the past this has been the generally recommended option as the developers have said they are very hesitant to build in a destruct feature.

IMHO. Why should they when Apple has already done the leg work for them and iCloud accounts are free to everyone. Just my 2 ¢

• arnabdas
    arnabdas
    Community Member

Ah. I will set it up then. Thing is, I've always been wary of a constantly running service consuming battery power in the background. Might give it a try again.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited February 2014

I am sure even if you don't set it up, some portion of it is always active. I feel like it is so tightly ingrained in the OS that it has to be at some level. If I am not mistaken the remote wipe use the push notification system, so it should be working all the time. I could be wrong as I am far from a developer. I think its passive until its activated.

This discussion has been closed.