Forum Feature Request: New Post icon with date and time

RichardPayne
RichardPayne
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Lounge

Can we please, please, please have a "new posts" icon next to each board and the date and time of the last post on the right under the poster's name.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know you are interested in this! I'll mention it to the Vanilla forum folks.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

I'd like to have forums with new posts under them since my last visit to be shown in bold. I've used other forums that do that, although for the life of me, I can't remember an example.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@hawkmoth that is fairly standard forum behaviour. phpBB, SMF and vBulletin all do it for sure.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

We'll see what we can do. Thanks again for following up on this! I agree it would be nice. :)

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Can you make yellow new post indicator (eg. "4 new") in the thread listings into a link that takes you to the first new post? At the moment, for a multipage thread you don't even know which page to start with.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014

I merged your request with this existing thread since it's in the same vein. For now, clicking the link to a thread in each category listing will take you to the thread with the #latest anchor which is directly to the most recent post.

This discussion has been closed.