PSA: check your tire pressures

Options
MartyS
MartyS
Community Member

As a public service announcement to my extended Agile family, I want to remind all of you to check the tire pressure for your passenger vehicles. My wife had been asking me "Honey, don't the tires seem soft to you?" for a few weeks now and I had to admit I hadn't noticed. So finally I checked and sure enough each of the 4 tires were 9 pounds too low! Easy enough to fix as I have a great DC-powered air compressor. I checked our other car and those tires were perfect. I'm guessing that the tire company where I had it inspected a few months ago had probably taken care of that for me.

But on a whim I checked the tire pressure of my other car's spare tire: one of those donut tires used only for emergencies. Instead of the desired 60 PSI it was down to about NONE. It felt like it had air but it really was just firm to the touch due to its design and would have gotten me about 100 feet had I needed it. I checked the primary car's spare and it too had NO AIR! Man, was I stupid to have let this go unnoticed but so grateful that I caught it before I was sitting on the side of the road cussing.

That's all better for now for us, but perhaps my findings can help prevent someone else needing air in their spare tires and not being prepared fully. I'll be checking mine more often!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.