American Express login issues - Safari not working Chrome appears to work....

Options
youngjm
youngjm
Community Member

I am having issue logging into the American express site. From the main page (https://www.americanexpress.com), command-/ does not work but from the login page, (https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/logon/us/action/LogonHandler?request_type=LogonHandler&Face=en_US&inav=iNavLnkLog) it does work via command-/.

I am sure it is something in the coding of the web page and 1password not seeing the form.......

I am using the most current 1Password via the app store and the beta extension 4.2.0b6. I am finding that 1password will work with chrome 33.0.1750.117 and extension version 4.1.0.3. I am running the OS X 10.9.1.
I hope this helps!

Thanks

Comments

• youngjm
    youngjm
    Community Member
    Options

I just updated my extension in chrome to 4.2.0.6 and the extension stopped working on the main Americanexpress.com web site.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @youngjm,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with 1Password autofill in Chrome on the main americanexpress.com page. Should the Login item you're using just be filling these User ID and Password fields?

Could you try saving a new Login manually there and see if that item autofills for you? I've been able save a test item successfully autofills the two fields using Chrome 33.0.1750.117 and its 1Password 4.2.0.6 extension.

Thanks!

• youngjm
    youngjm
    Community Member
    Options

I will give it a shot this weekend. Any thoughts on why my login credentials that have existed for some time no longer work on 4.2.0.6? As I stated before it did work in chrome before updating to the latest beta just minutes before....

Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @youngjm,

The 4.2.0 extension is still in beta testing. Sometimes changes during betas (both app and extension) can temporarily cause issues with something that was previously working in non-betas, which may have happened in your case with the latest extension update.

If you'd like to use the non-beta 4.1.0 extension you can download/install it from the 1Password Extension page. With Chrome, it's easy to switch between beta and non-beta versions simply by enabling only the one you want to use and disabling any others.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Just to follow up on what @sjk wrote: my American Express Login item was created years ago and still works in the latest beta version of the extension. The first thing to try in these cases is to save a Login manually by following the steps @sjk linked above:

Saving a new Login manually

Saving a new Login like this can be useful for Logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. It allows 1Password to refresh everything it “knows” about the page. Login pages can change as websites are updated, and this can be a very helpful tip in those cases.

If that doesn't do the trick, please let us know. I'm sure we can get things working as well for you as they are with my own AmEx Login item. :)

• youngjm
    youngjm
    Community Member
    Options

I deleted my old login and created a new one. It will fill in the fields but now requires that I manually submit the page. I have the login in set to submit when enabled and I have confirmed that the auto submit is enabled. I am going to try it again but this time let 1password ask me to save the new login. that might enable the auto-submit?

As to using the beta's vs the non-beta, I am aware of the differences and that is why I reported my issue here to point out that something in the current beta is not working?????? I too have seen some web pages change but from my experience on chrome, the old beta plugin worked, the new beta plugin did not.

I too have had my amex login for awhile. I a

• youngjm
    youngjm
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried creating a new login and having 1password ask me to save a new login, and it would not auto submit. I may need to reboot or something else or something else is going on?

• youngjm
    youngjm
    Community Member
    Options

OK, So I decided to try Evernote.com. using the latest b8, the fields will fill in but not auto submit. I then uninstalled 1Password extension. Restarted safari then installed the latest stable version and Evernote.com will fill and submit no problem. Went back and installed the b8 extension and auto submit would not work.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the additional information, @youngjm.

In your original post you mentioned running the latest Mac App Store version of 1Password 4. Do you already have the script installed that helps it with autosubmit? Here's the package installer:

1PasswordAutosubmit.pkg

With that installed, autosubmit works for me with Evernote Login items using 1Password 4.1.2 and the 4.2.0 beta8 extension. Also with a test American Express Login item.

Issues specific to the 1Password 4 beta application and/or its extensions can be posted in the Mac Beta subforum. This topic can remain in 1Password 4 for Mac, unless you'd prefer it be moved. :)

• youngjm
    youngjm
    Community Member
    Options

I will try this script. I am not sure that I have installed this one? If I have it has been awhile.

• youngjm
    youngjm
    Community Member
    Options

The script worked for both amex and evernote. I wonder how I missed it and/or it was removed at some point? I do understand the whole mac appstore issues requireing these types of scripts and helpers that need to be downloaded outside the store.....

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad to hear that script helped with your autosubmit issue, @youngjm.

It's easy to overlook so I've noted that we could make it more visibly available.

This discussion has been closed.