Syncing items shared from primary to another vault [Not possible at this time]

Options
Curiozity
Curiozity
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

Once items are shared from a primary vault to another, are they supposed to stay synced when the item is changed in either vault? I can't get this working and I can't work out from AgileBits whether this is a fault or a feature. Any ideas?

My question just relates to two vaults on the same Mac. I am yet to share the secondary vault with someone else via Dropbox, but this is the next planned step.....

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Curiozity,

Sharing an item with another vault currently creates a new, separate copy of that item in the destination vault.

At the moment tags and/or folders can be used to keep track of which items have been shared (copied) between different vaults. We are looking at solutions for "syncing" individual items with multiple vaults. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now.

• Curiozity
    Curiozity
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks sjk. At least that is a solution that we can work with, until you can get the sync feature developed. Keep going - this really fills a niche fro cross-platform password management if you can get it right.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome. @Curiozity.

Improvements for multiple vault usage are coming and we always appreciate your suggestions and feedback.

• So I understand concept and have created vault. I have than copied several log ins to new vault, let's call it work.

How do I keep main vault and work vault in sync, because I don't want to toggle between two update, that would just be a waste. This way I can stay in main vault on computer and IPhone/IPad, since not available yet. Also any idea when Windows version will be available

Thanks....Michael

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mloftus,

I've merged your topic with a similar one asking about "syncing" items in different vaults. I hope my reply to @Curiozity is helpful for you.

If you'd like to keep the entire main and work vaults in sync with each other you can use folder syncing to do that.

Being able to search for and access items across multiple vaults is one of the changes we're considering. That way you wouldn't have to switch back and forth between your main and work vaults to access items stored in one or the other.

1Password 4 for Windows is in beta testing and we haven't announced a release date for it yet. Keep an eye on our blog, Twitter, Facebook, this forum, and other sources for breaking news. :)

This discussion has been closed.