Import of 1PIF data file crashes in Mac OS Mavericks [resolved; 1Password 4 upgrade & data import]

Options
bernhardscholler
bernhardscholler
Community Member
edited February 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I exported all my paswords to a folder
I did a clean install of Mac OS X Mavericks on my MacBookPro.
I copied the folder with the pif-file to my MacBookPro
When I import the pif-file I select import from 1Password-file, select the file, coding=UFT-8
The import-process immediatelly crashes. 1Password crashes completely - I start 1Password again, nothing has been imported.
what can I do?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bernhardscholler,

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password is crashing when importing your 1PIF data file. Have you sent us any crash reports from the CrashReporter dialog?

If you get another please send it and include a link to this forum topic in the Comments section.

Which version of 1Password are you currently running? Is it the same version that you used to do the 1PIF exporting?

Instead of importing the 1PIF data, do you have a 1Password backup anywhere (maybe in Time Machine) that could be restored? Or possibly an Agile Keychain in Dropbox? Or any other places where your 1Password data exists besides the 1PIF file?

So we can take a look at other information to help fix this please send us a Diagnostics Report, along with a link to this topic, to support+forum at agilebits dot com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• bernhardscholler
    bernhardscholler
    Community Member
    Options

Version 3.8.21 (build 32009)
    The version I used before looked like this version yes, but I don't remember exactly. I did not buy the program in the App Store, I originally downloaded the program from your webpage.
    I have no crash reporter dialog. The import process just crashes and thats it.
    I have no other copy of my data than the pif-file
    I just sent you the diagnostic report.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bernhardscholler,

Thanks for emailing the report. I'm so happy to see that Chris has helped you get upgraded to 1Password 4 and successfully import your 1PIF data!

I apologize for thinking you were probably already running 1Password 4, seeing your original post in the 1Password 4 for Mac subforum. The report made it clear you were still running 1Password 3 and I've now moved this topic to 1Password 3.8 (AgileBits website) so there's no further confusion. :)

• gabrielc
    gabrielc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I have the exact same problem as Bernhard. I exported my 1Password data to a 1pif file before installing Mac OS Mavericks on my MacBook Pro. I am running 1 Password Version 3.8.21 (build 32009). When I try to import the data, 1Password crashes and nothing gets imported.
    I have downloaded the diagnostics tool and generated a report. However, I'm not sure where to send it to.
    Thanks in advance for your support.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hi @gabrielc,

Please send the report in to support+forum@ agilebits .com. Our support team will get you sorted out just as soon as possible!

This discussion has been closed.