Program Help - missing 1Password data/license [moved to email]

Options
abney01
abney01
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Mac

I had to reinstall my computer again as it crashed and transferred the program onto a hard drive but can't get it working again on the new computer after I have transferred back on?. How can I get it to work??.

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options

It is often better to reinstall programs in this situation rather than copying back. There could well be support items that you have not copied, and it is far easier to reinstall than find out what they were.

With 1PW you will want to copy your data and your license, if you have the AgileBits version. You can get the latter from thei web site if you can't find your copy.

• abney01
    abney01
    Community Member
    Options

Where can I go to find all of my data and licence details that was with my old copy? My old copy does not start anymore.

• abney01
    abney01
    Community Member
    Options

When I try and open my program I get the error message saying.......1PASSWORD FAILED TO CONNECT TO 1PASSWORD MINI??

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hi @abney01,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the connection to 1Password mini. Have you been able to locate your 1Password data and license?

So we can help you quickly get this sorted out through email please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic, to support+forum at agilebits dot com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll be able make sure you have all the pieces of 1Password you need all in the right places. :)

Thanks in advance!

• abney01
    abney01
    Community Member
    Options

No sorry have not been able to locate my 1password data and license?. How do I send a Diagnostics Report??. Sorry but only got minimum skills with the computer. If I could get instruction on how to find the stuff required that would be great.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @abney01,

Here are instructions to create and email us a Diagnostics Report:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

If you get stuck we'll be here to help you out. :)

• abney01
    abney01
    Community Member
    Options

Great I have sent the report...

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @abney01. We've received the report you sent and will be helping you through email to get 1Password 4 working properly.

• abney01
    abney01
    Community Member
    Options

I have been asked to download the program again but when I go to download 1Password 4 from the Purchases section of the Mac App Store it says already downloaded but I have not. How do I fix this?.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @abney01,

Please give this a try:

• Remove 1Password.app using Launchpad, if it shows up there, which will not touch any 1Password data.
    • Restart your system.
    • Log in to App Store using the same Apple ID for your original 1Password purchase, then download 1Password 4.

Since we're already working with you on this issue in email let's keep the discussion going there so we're not getting wires crossed in both places. :)

• abney01
    abney01
    Community Member
    Options

When I try and load the program it is asking me to select existing .agilekeychain or .opvault file ?.....Where do I go to find this?.

• abney01
    abney01
    Community Member
    Options

So I can load my old passwords?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @abney01.

Did you receive the email reply I sent you the other day? To get this resolved more quickly let's do additional followups through email. Thanks!

• abney01
    abney01
    Community Member
    Options

I have downloaded the program so just need to no who to get my old data from old program to new one please.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @abney01,

I've responding to your latest email about restoring your 1Password data, including instructions for sending a new Diagnostics Report so we're better help you to locate and restore the data.

• abney01
    abney01
    Community Member
    Options

How can I get my old passwords back from my old version I had before my MAC crashed?

• abney01
    abney01
    Community Member
    Options

I have downloaded the application again but don't know where to go in the old application to get my old passwords back?.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hi @abney01,

We'll be better able to help you if you send in a Diagnostic Report - it will give us a much better look inside your system to find out where your data might be stowed, and if you have any backups.

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.