Browser Extension Suggestion: Allow further specification for which subdomains a login will appear

Options
tatchley
tatchley
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Mac

For one website, lets say test.com, there a many different services which use the same credentials. So far, I have cooperated with this by listing the respective websites all under one login (for reference, not because it wouldn't autofill I didn't include them). However, I also have a login on test.com which does not use these credentials. So I am forced to make a new login entry. But since I've done this, the inconvenience of having to click the correct login after invoking the 1P mini shortcut occurs because these logins have the same top-level domain (test.com). I could hide one of the logins from view in 1P mini, but then I could only invoke the autofill from the main window. Besides, even if I did that, not all of the resources load at the same time in this page, so after autofilling the credentials right after it has just begun loading, they will invariably be erased. Only autofilling after the page is completely loaded will ensure that 1Password autofills the fields correctly.

The solution to having to click the correct login, I think, would be to allow 1Password to recognize which subdomains I was logging into, and then use the correct login. In this way, the login for bananas.test.com/* would be differentiated from the login for apples.test.com/* and I could autofill my logins faster.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tatchley,

Thanks for the suggestion and detailed explanation! These improvements will be in the 4.2 update:

• Changed URL matching to stricter and by default only match full domain names in 1Password mini.
    • Added the ability to expand 1Password mini's list to "Lenient URL matches" in 1Password > Preferences > Browser.

We hope that helps domain matching and filling behave more to your liking. :)

This discussion has been closed.