"Problem loading 1Password data file"

Troneas
Troneas
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Mac

Getting this error message when trying to access 1Password Anywhere:

**Problem loading 1Password data file

A key data file could not be loaded and 1PasswordAnywhere cannot continue without it.

Please see this help guide for troubleshooting tips.**

The key data file which is linked is this one:

file:///Users/Admin/Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/encryptionKeys.js

I have tried to disable/re-enable dropbox sync with 1Password 4 for Mac and even to restore to an earlier version. It did not work.

How do I fix this? Thanks!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Troneas,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing 1Password Anywhere right now. Please note that 1Password Anywhere is only available via the Dropbox website on a web-browser. This error often pops up if 1Password Anywhere is accessed via the Dropbox app. Could you confirm how you are trying to open 1Password Anywhere?

• Troneas
    Troneas
    Community Member

Thank you Megan yes I've learnt that I can in fact access 1Password Anywhere via dropbox.com

I was attempting to access it via my Mac's dropbox folder before and that was giving me the error message. Thank you.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Troneas,

Thanks for letting me know that you're all sorted out! If you hit any further snags, we're here for you :)

• JoelColeman
    JoelColeman
    Community Member
    edited August 2014

=

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JoelColeman‌

Are you having trouble with 1PasswordAnywhere as well? I'd be happy to help you out here if you could provide a few more details. :)

This discussion has been closed.