mac -> iOS syncing with dropbox doesn't include attachments

Options
Jeremy Carson
Jeremy Carson
Community Member

i'm unable to sync attachments from my mac to my iOS.

i'm using the latest official build for the iOS apps as of 3/3/14 and using desktop version 4.1.3 (latest official build, as well), using sync through Dropbox, and i'm unable to sync attachments from my mac to my iOS devices (or vice versa). everything else syncs fine, just no attachments (but the info within the entry with attachments will sync, just not the attachment itself).

it must have worked at some point, because i did have some attachments on my iOS devices. however, i deleted the data on my mac and resync'd with dropbox (the original data coming from the iPad), but none of the attachments came through from dropbox into my desktop. then, i restored from a backup that had attachments, deleted from dropbox and deleted the data from my iOS devices, and then resync'd (the original source coming from the mac) and none of the attachments came through to the iOS devices, only the passwords, etc.

so, right now, i have attachments only on my desktop, none on my iOS devices, but all the passwords, etc. are sync'd fine.

i know this is a known issue, but i want to add to the hope that it's fixed in the next release. not sure if it's a problem with the iOS or the desktop apps, though...

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2014
    Options

Attachments don't sync from iOS versions to OS X versions. Just the other way. It's an known issue, and the developers say they are working on getting that to work. In the meantime, you have to attach on the OS X side. And even if the attachments are in your iOS apps, they won't sync back to your Mac.

I too look forward to being able to add or delete attachments directly under iOS. As thins stand now, if you delete an attachment on the Mac side, and empty record of it persists on iDevices.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Jeremy,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with attachments lately. Thanks for providing such a detailed outline of your process and your current situation, it gives us a much better place to start! Now, I'd like to take a bit of a closer look at your system. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.