Reinstalling 1password problems

soffan73
soffan73
Community Member

I have cleaned out my Mac and started over. Now I can't get my old passwords back...
I did what I was told and created a backup copy of 1password on my external hard drive (before I cleaned out the Mac).
Now when I open 1password and they have me choose between being a new user of a previous user, I click previous user and they have me pick where to collect my data from (dropbox, iCloud, this mac, another device). I pick other device and go find my backup copy. Problem is it won't let me click on it. Dead end there...
So since I have everything synced with my iPhone I thought I'd go that route.
I have it synced over wifi with my old mac (which is the same just brand new software) but not with dropbox. I can't figure out how to just sync it over wifi cause nothing happens so I tried to sync the phone to dropbox and go from there. Problem is it keeps telling me I have the wrong username/password for my dropbox. I know I don't cause I just logged in there on safari and on the actual dropbox app.

I'm not sure what my next move is. I hate to have to put in all my usernames and password by hand.

Any ideas?
Thank you

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @soffan73,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble reinstalling 1Password! In order to give you the best instructions here, I'd like to know a bit more about your 1Password set-up there:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating systems on all computers and devices that currently have 1Password installed?
    • Where is your most up-to-date password database now? It is on your iPhone or in a backup?

Once we have some more details about the situation, we should be able to get you all synced up again :)

This discussion has been closed.