Add other Browsers

Options
three-cushion
three-cushion
Community Member

I use the TOR Browser for all financial and "mission" critical sites. Yes, I use my 1PW data to manually fill in the Userid/PWD for these sites.
How does one ADD a different 'Default' browser in 1PW .... Either in iOS or OSX versions of 1PW?
Will that ever become a supported option?
Jim B

Comments

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

BTW.. the TOR Browser is a version of Firefox 'captured' by the TOR community and used as a std in their package.
    I tried to add 1PW mini to their Browser via the Extension route… Did not work… Their SW could not 'find' the 1PW app.

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    edited March 2014
    Options

NOTE: NULL message ;))

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hi @three-cushion,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with using Tor Browser with 1Password. Can you check if there might be a profile issue, similar to what's described in this topic?

Firefox extension not connecting to helper with Tor. [User's profile was misconfigured]

Also see my reply to you about troubleshooting Firefox extension issues:

Extension Will NOT install correctly in Firefox

How does one ADD a different 'Default' browser in 1PW .... Either in iOS or OSX versions of 1PW? Will that ever become a supported option?

On OS X, you can select the "Default web browser" preference in Safari for the web browser that 1Password open and fill (and other applications) will use:

On iOS, due to Apple's restrictions 1Password is only able to autofill logins in its 1Browser secure browser. There is a bookmarklet which will open the current URL from Safari, et al, in 1Browser:

1Password Bookmarklet for Mobile Safari and other iOS browsers

And third party apps have added support for 1Password:

iOS apps that have 1Password integration

If Apple ever provides us a way to interact more directly with apps we'd love to implement it!

I hope that answers your questions. Please let us know if you have others about this or anything else.

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

OK I see. Now see if I have this straight… When I am ready to use the TOR Browser, I change the default Browser to TOR. Then when I wish to go back to Safari, I merely change it back. Is that correct?

I'm OK with your idea for OS X .. iOS is SO restrictive, it is a miracle any of us get anything useful done!!!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hey @three-cushion,

If you open and fill with a Login item from the main 1Password 4 for Mac application (e.g. by double-clicking it in the item list) it first opens the web page in your default browser, then the 1Password browser extension fills the fields on it.

If you select the 1Password extension toolbar "key" icon in a web browser it opens 1Password mini for use with that specific browser.

And these keyboard shortcuts will use the active or default browser:

You can interact with 1Password from a non-default web browser with its extension installed. :)

I frequently do it with Chrome and Firefox even though Safari is my default browser.

This discussion has been closed.