Iphone Os4.1 version 3.5.2 sync failed

fr@nk
fr@nk
Community Member
Sync failed
Hello

I set up my 1password windows v1.0.0.122 to be used with dropbox.
Then on my iphone 3GS with OS4.2 I opened 1password and logged in to dropbox.
1password started syncing the 76 objects from my iphone and they were received in my windows computer.
Then at 37 objects left the iphone app was closed! I started i again and gave a new command to sync.
Then it popped out at 33 objects left. I started the app againit refused to sync again. the message: "sync failes: -[_NSCFDictionarysetObject:forKey:] attempt to insert nil value {key: encrypted).

I completely deleted my keychain on the windows PC and started over. The problem occurred again at the same object.
How can I resolve this problem?

rgds
Fr@nk

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Sounds like a problem with 1P for iOS (not 1P for Windows). Can you post this problem in the 1P for iOS forum, please? Thanks!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Sounds like a problem with 1P for iOS (not 1P for Windows). Can you post this problem in the 1P for iOS forum, please? Thanks!

Good idea, Stefan. I've moved it and left a signpost in the Windows (BETA) forum.
  • Dave B
    edited October 2010
    I started getting almost the same failure message, but on a 2G iPod Touch trying to sync 1P Pro (v3.5.2) with Dropbox, which had been working great for weeks.

Sync failed: -[_NSCFDictionarysetObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil value (key: encryptedSecureContents)

I turned off Dropbox sync and tried to revert to Wi-Fi with no success: I fire up 1Password (v3.4.4) on my Mac to sync with the iPod, but as soon as there's Wi-Fi activity on the iPod (spinner on the upper left), iPod 1P crashes. Now I can't sync at all using Dropbox or Wi-Fi.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2010
    Welcome to the forums, fr@nk and Dave B. I am sorry that you are having this problem. Are you able to successfully backup your 1Password for iPhone data? Please let me know when you have done so or are unable to do so.
  • Okay, I was able to use backup and download a file to my Mac. There was a note that the backup file can't be used to restore/sync data to 1Password on my Mac. What should I do next?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2010
    Once you have a backup of your 1Password for iOS data, try reinstalling 1Password on your device. A sync should get the data over that you need, but that backup may come in handy if you are still experiencing trouble. You can always restore from that backup by following the instructions on the same page.

I am looking into the error message. Thanks for your patience.
  • khad, it seems to be working now. I reinstalled 1P on my iPod. The first time, I didn't read the instructions and just restored from the backup you had me create. Once that completed, I was unable to sync (same problems/symptoms described earlier). I reinstalled 1P again but this time synced from Dropbox. The sync completed without any issues and my passwords appeared. I re-synced to be sure -- no problems. Turned off Dropbox sync and tried Wi-Fi sync. No crashing and no other problems this time.

Looks like the issue is cleared. Maybe there was some database corruption or something going on with the iPod, but it seems to be fine now. Thanks again!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Dave, I am really glad to hear that! That's great! :-)

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.