Extension Will NOT install correctly in Firefox

Options
three-cushion
three-cushion
Community Member
edited March 2014 in Mac

I downloaded the extension for Firefox. which then DID say it was installed.
BUT, when I open Firefox and ask for the pull down of 1PW mini.. I get a page: "Get The App! etc etc...
AND BUT, In Firefox's Add On Manager... There IS a copy of 1PW Ver 4.1.0 installed?
So why does it tell me to "Get the App"...

Should I first Remove it and then install Extension Again?

Using Firefox Ver 27.0.1
Whats Up? Jim B

PS Extension works OK in Safari AND in Chrome... both installed OK

Comments

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

BTW... the page asking for the App.. also does not answer my launch of "Contact us for help" weird...

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hi @three-cushion‌,

I'm sorry you're having trouble getting the 1Password extension for Firefox to work. Is this the error you're seeing?

Here are some suggestions for fixing that problem:

And if you're still stuck after that please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic, to support+forum at agilebits dot com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    edited March 2014
    Options

AHA… Doing the about:config reset WORKED!

My goodness… why is this so necessary? Will this reset work also in TOR Browser.. (since it IS a varient of Firefox?) Ill give that a try as well
    Thanks so much!

Jim B

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

As for the Other post re: TOR Browser… the config WAS set to true… still I get the FIRST errr pane you showed above. Since I have no idea what Version of Firefox TOR uses, i'm inclined to drop the issue. I ONLY use TOR infrequently .. so manually issuing the USERID + PWD is not a big deal.

Thank you for the help!

Cheers, Jim B

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there, @three-cushion.

Glad to hear you've had success with the Firefox extension installation!

I ONLY use TOR infrequently .. so manually issuing the USERID + PWD is not a big deal.

About using Tor/Firefox usage, maybe @latteine's issue and resolution could be helpful.

Manually copying from item details from 1Password mini using the keyboard is handy, e.g.:

• Open 1Password mini using the keyboard shortcut, menu bar icon, or browser toolbar icon.
    • Search for and/or arrow-navigate to a specific item, then:

• Press Shift-Command-C to copy that item's password field.

or:

• Use right-arrow to display item details of a matching item.
      • Use up/down-arrow to navigate to a desired field.
      • Tap Return to copy the field.
    • Paste somewhere. :)

And for repeated usage the details window can be "anchored" on screen by clicking the bottom anchor area (where its icon is) next to Edit.

Cheers!

• latteine
    latteine
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk‌ my solution was for a regular Firefox configured to work with Tor as its proxy. I never acually was able to make Tor Browser work with the extension. They introduce a lot of stuff that breaks scripting and cross-app requests (and for a good reason).

So it's basically easier (and maybe safer) to just copy-paste passwords into Tor Browser if you have to use it.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the followup suggestion, @latteine !

This discussion has been closed.