Disappearing unlock password field

Options
hazmat
hazmat
Community Member

I only saw this once, but figure I should report it. Typing in the password unlocked the app regardless. Reopening the app fixed it. I have no idea how to make it happen.

Comments

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    Options

This just randomly happened to me as well.

The field showed up for me again after I used the quick unlock code to open the app a couple of times.

• ryguy96
    ryguy96
    Community Member
    Options

This happened to me as well. It happened after I updated to the latest version. It didn't happen on my iPad.

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    Options

I noticed that my screen would actually flicker occasionally where it would show the field and then disappear and then come back. The iPad doesn't disappear but it starts off as a long field and then shortens if it prompts for the quick unlock code instead of the master password.

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, guys. I've heard a few other reports of this but haven't yet figured out how to reproduce it. I'll document it so our devs can investigate, but if you happen to be able to reproduce it (intentionally), please let me know.

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    Options

chuckle You guys, I got a report on ADN that helped me reproduce it. Turns out, lay your phone flat, the field disappears; stand your phone up, the field returns. :D (Maybe it's just lack of sleep, but I'm greatly amused by this little bug.)

• rosenkrieger
    rosenkrieger
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Nik for the workaround. It was driving me crazy on the iPhone.

• Thanks for the reports everyone, you should see this issue fixed in the next beta.

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member
    Options

Wow, that's pretty funny. Also happens if you turn the phone into landscape mode.

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    edited March 2014
    Options

I just tried that and it's right. That's pretty funny. I'm amused by this as well. I think this would be a fun feature for amusement. Takes concealing your password to a whole new level lol. ;)

• Ha! That was our reaction internally as well: "Security to the max!" Nonetheless we have fixed it/removed this feature in the latest beta. :)

This discussion has been closed.