Dropbox or folder sync?

Options
pkropp
pkropp
Community Member

Until the advent of 1P v 4.2 my Mac and Windows machines were happily in “sync” using Dropbox by means of an 1P.agilekeychain file in my Dropbox folder (and not in a subfolder there either).

But now 1P v 4.2.1 (421001) for the Mac won’t let me select Dropbox in its preferences, cheerily announcing that Dropbox is “not installed” — except of course it is and running perfectly. My bad is that I have the Dropbox app located in a subfolder of my ~/Applications folder.

On the Windows side of things, I can actually set the location for the “vault” file; which in my case is the My Dropbox folder, a subfolder of the My Documents folder for my user.

So, to begin with, please verify the following:

1) a 1P “vault” is a file with the extension “agilekeychain”

2) There is no way for me to get 1P for Mac to show me the location of the “vault” file it is currently using.

So then obviously my question is: How do I get my Mac and my Windows machines back to using the same reference file and thus for changes I may make on the Mac side be reflected on the Windows side and vice versa?

Is "folder sync? my solution? If so, given my situation as I have described, what exact steps should I take to get my Mac and my WIndows machine back in alignment using, say, a folder inside my Dropbox folder.

Thanks for your attention to this . . . .

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pkropp,

I'm sorry you've started having trouble with 1Password syncing between your Mac and Windows systems since the recent 1Password 4 for Mac update. We'll be following up as soon as possible to your email we also received about this problem and help you get it resolved. To speed up the troubleshooting, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic, to support+forum at agilebits dot com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. We appreciate your assistance and patience - thanks!

This discussion has been closed.