Diagnostic Report

Options
danco
danco
Volunteer Moderator

Because of an issue mentioned in another thread, I thought it might be useful to create a diagnostic report. It does look as though I have some problems.
But this post is about problems with the Troubleshooting Utility.

First, one can click on Create Report,and a report does get created, but there is no indication of where the report lives. It would be useful to have this information, so that we can look at the report ourselves.

Second, the Create New Mail Message button (that appears after the report has been created) opens Mail. I don't use Mail for email, which makes things awkward. It should open one's default email program if that has been set to something other than Mail.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @danco,

Thanks for taking the time to write in about this. I do want to caution you though, generally we prefer to see the Diagnostic Reports ourselves to determine the source of any trouble. We don't recommend you take any action based on the Report without the advice of someone on our support team.

If you would like to take a peek at the Report though, you are welcome to do so. Just drag the blue icon onto your desktop and then double-click to open it in your web-browser. :)

I will be sure to mention to our developers that you would like a bit more flexibility in the 'Create New Mail Message' step.

This discussion has been closed.