Do I need to buy a separate version of 1Password to use cross-platform?

macmani
macmani
Community Member
edited March 2014 in Lounge

I have recently bought 1Password 4 for from apple store, i want to use the 1password in office (windows PC) and in my ipad, do i need to sperate versions of the software to use it.

Need clarification.

~ Mani

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2014

Hi Mani,

We offer a Mac+Windows bundle license. It is the first thing listed in our online store. However, since you already have a Mac license there is no need to buy the bundle. If you did, you would be paying for two Mac licenses. Instead, email us your Mac App Store receipt. We're happy to provide you with a discount on a Windows license: support@ agilebits .com

As for iOS, Apple doesn't provide a mechanism for bundles (or discounts) on the App Store, so 1Password 4 for iOS is necessarily a separate purchase for your iOS devices.

Keep in mind that just like a Mac license covers all your Macs, a Windows license covers all your PCs, and the iOS app can be installed on all your iOS devices. There is no limit. :)

For anyone else who might come across this thread in the future, note that if you purchased a Mac or Windows license from our store you can simply enter your existing license key on the upgrade page and then purchase the companion license at a discount: https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.