Truncated Fill-In List in Safari [Enable 'Lenient URL Matching' to Show All]

Options
nancyagee
nancyagee
Community Member
edited March 2014 in Mac

Recently, the 1P drop down menu was changed so that the list of fill-in choices for a webpage is truncated so that only two appear with "Show more items" below. PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD VERSION! While having the shorter menu may look a bit nicer, why require the extra clicking and navigating through another menu item?

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I have a number of different accounts at the same bank, each requiring its own login info. Using 1P made it much easier to keep track of and work with all these different accounts online. Now, an unnecessary step has been added to the procedure.

Perhaps there can be a preference so that a user can choose whether or not to show the whole list or only the truncated version. At the very least, let the user change the order of the listing so that the most used fill ins would appear on top. This would be better than nothing, but still not ideal for me, because I use each of the different accounts somewhat equally.

I am currently using the latest version of 1P (v.4.2.2) with the latest version of Mavericks (v.10.9.2), Safari (v.7.0.2), and 1P Browser Extension (v.4.1.0).

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hi @nancyagee,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now! What you are seeing is actually the implementation of a new feature in 4.2.2: precise matching of Logins to subdomains helps 1Password differentiate between 'blog.yoursite.com' and 'discussions.yoursite.com'. In previous versions, both Logins would appear in 1Password, regardless of which site you were visiting, because the 'yoursite.com' URL was the same.

It sounds like what is happening here is that the best matched Login for the site you are visiting is visible, and the other Logins (which likely have slightly different URLs attached) are hidden beneath the 'Show more items' option.

Now, the good news is, that you can bring back the more lenient URL matching that was available in previous versions, so that 1Password will show all the Logins for the main domain. Simply go to Preferences > Browser and check the 'Lenient URL Matching' option.

This should get things back to normal for you, but we're here to help if you have any further questions! :)

• nancyagee
    nancyagee
    Community Member
    Options

YES! Thanks - that did it!. However, for anyone else with the same issue, the Lenient URL Matching option is under Preferences > Browser, not Preferences > General.

• Jasper
    edited March 2014
    Options

On behalf of Megan, you're welcome! :)

And thanks for pointing out that the option is under Preferences > Browser. I've edited Megan's post to correct that mistake.

This discussion has been closed.