4.5b44 Incorrect Localizations

cortig
cortig
Community Member
edited March 2014 in iOS

Hi,

’Posting a general localization issue here since Crowdin doesn't really seem to be the right place to discuss these things.

I was looking the at the localizations in the latest build on my iPad.
It looks like some strings have been recomposed from different segments. This is very frequently a problem since the order of the words is not necessarily the same in all languages.
In the Sync settings for instance, you can see a string that says PRIMARY VAULT. In the localization ressources, the string itself is nowhere to be found, and the string is made of the individual localizations of the two words. The end result in French is: PRINCIPAL COFFRE, which is horrible in French…
It should be COFFRE PRINCIPAL.
It might be wise to stay away from recomposed strings and add a new full string for the two words together to avoid that.

Corentin

Comments

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

:-\ I forgot to add the rest of the title before I posted and now I can't edit :-\

• Hello @cortig, and thanks for the heads up on localization. In general we do not typically compose two separate strings in the UI, but in this case we certainly did. I have fixed it and you should see it taken care of once we update the localized strings again. Good catch!

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

Wonderful! That's going to be much better, thanks! :)

• Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.