Master Password trouble with Mavericks

This discussion was created from comments split from: Can't Login with Correct Master Password.

Comments

• Vancanman
    Vancanman
    Community Member

I have the same problem with 1Password version 3.8.21. After I updated to Mavericks, it started to misbehave. It brings up a screen message "initializing" and then says it's the wrong password even though it is not. Sometimes, it would fix itself (i.e. restart the Mac and it works). However, that no longer works and my hundreds of passwords are inaccessible. I would restore from backup but I cannot find them. The backups are not in the library location specified for version 4 (I cannot find a file location for version 3).
    To say this is inconvenient is a huge understatement as I literally cannot work at all. I tried creating a diagnostic report but the system just hangs every time I try to do it.

• Vancanman
    Vancanman
    Community Member

Further to the above: I reinstalled 1Password, deleted the data file and tried to restore from backup. Guess what - it still won't let me in. I did use the same Master Password when I set up the new data file but why should that matter? I need help so I am copying this to an email since I'm now pulling out my hair. I have lost a full day's work and I'm mad as hell!!!!!!!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Vancanman,

I've moved your discussion into the 1Password 3 forums, since we're dealing with 1Password 3.8 here, and I do so like to keep things neat and organized.

UPDATE: I see that someone from our support team is already helping you with your issue directly via email, we'll keep the conversation going there to avoid creating any confusion or duplicating efforts.

This discussion has been closed.