Category for mobile phone information

Options
HRD
HRD
Community Member

I am wondering if I could suggest a new category for storing mobile phone info e g, numbers, PIN, SIM card and carrier details etc. I would find this very useful.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @HRD,

I'll add it to our list but it is probably likely that we'll bring over custom categories rather than adding more categories that some folks might not use. Please read my post here to see what you can do about creating a pseudo-category of your own for now.

PS: I moved your thread from betas to the general 1Password 4 for Mac forums since this isn't related to the betas itself.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT Noted with thanks.

• Jasper
    Options

On behalf of Mike, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @JasperP and @MikeT,

A nudge to enquire if you have add any further thoughts on adding this category?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HRD,

There's no new news about this at the moment. Our primary focus is on iOS 8 and Yosemite updates right now.

But I have updated the internal request, noting your nudging re-interest; thanks! :)

ref: OPM-1643

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @sjk,

Thanks for the update - much appreciated.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HRD,

We're happy to help! Thanks so much for your patience. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Have a great weekend, @HRD!

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @sjk‌,

Can you update me on this? Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @HRD‌

Unfortunately I don't have an update other than to say our developers have it on their list. :( Sorry!

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bwoodruff,

Thanks for that and I will wait patiently for for further news.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks. :)

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bwoodruff,

Just a gentle nudge to enquire on progress.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @HRD,

When we have news to announce we'll post it on our blog: http://blog.agilebits.com/

Until then I know as much as you do. :)

Thanks!

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bwoodruff,

I will wait patiently but my initial request for this was made early last year, so I guess it is not a priority for you guys..

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HRD,

Thanks so much for checking in on us, and I'm sorry that we don't have a better answer for you right now. Unfortunately, it seems like the day is always too short, and we aren't able to implement all of the cool features that we'd like. But we do appreciate it when users keep us honest and remind us of the things that are important to them.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

Do you think this will facility will be available in future?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HRD,

In general, we hear a lot of requests for this category or that category, so it's difficult to determine which ones will be useful to the greatest number of users. We don't want to get to a point where 1Password is saturated with a million different little categories that only a few people use. As Mike has mentioned above, a customizable category might be a more likely addition than all of the requested categories that we hear about.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

Understood and I take that as a "no". However, I would have thought having a mobile phone category would get used widely.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HRD,

I have to admit, I haven't heard any requests for this type of category except from you. This isn't to say that others wouldn't find it handy, but if they are dreaming about it, they haven't really let us know.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

I bet it would be popular if this category was available - I can't think of anyone I know who doesn't have a mobile phone these days.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HRD,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! As mentioned above, we'll consider this when determining how to re-vamp categories in the future. :)

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

Any update on my request?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HRD,

I'm not Megan as you can guess by the avatar but I thought I'd respond on her behalf.

Sorry but there isn't progress to report at the moment. I believe there is a chain of requirements that have to be fulfilled before we can even start with customisable categories. All sorts of hardcoded stuff in the application and data storage formats. That's why custom categories is still an ongoing request - if it were easier we would have done it already simply to make all the people that want this happy.

I would say hands down it's the most popular request and as soon as we're in a position to do so we will I'm sure.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables,

Thanks for your comprehensive reply - much appreciated.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Believe me, we all look forward to the day where we can finally say "we have customisable categories" :wink:

This discussion has been closed.