Merging multiple vaults into one

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1PW and Dropbox syncing issue.

Comments

• irishsgd
    irishsgd
    Community Member
    Options

I have been having the same issue. I thought it was solved when a new login created on Mac showed up in iPhone. Today, however, having same trouble. While looking for answers (in the menu tree) I discover that I now have 2 vaults. I did not intentionally create a second vault, but there it is - and it is not identical with the first (probably because I've been adding things to this "new" one that was originally - when created - was like the "old" one. They are titled: "Primary" and "1Password" - "Primary" being the new, one I think. How do I get the contents of these two vaults merged into one - preserving the latest rendition of any particular entry?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @irishsgd‌

I believe this is actually going to be a different issue, so I've split your question into a separate thread. Before we move forward I'd like to gather some additional information about your current setup. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Feel free to post back here once you've sent it so we know to look for it. Thanks in advance!

Ben

• JoeT
    JoeT
    Community Member
    Options

My issue is similar, yet different. I recently had to rebuild my Mac due to hard drive failure. Restore from time machine and Carbon Copy Cloner also failed so I had to rebuild Fred Flintstone style. When I set up 1 Password (app store version 4.4) I ended up with 2 vaults, a "Primary" one and my original titled "1Password". Is there any way to get rid of the "Primary one and leave only my original? Thanks in advance.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JoeT,

Unfortunately it is not possibly to delete the primary vault, so we're going to have to get the data from your 1Password vault into your primary. This is not a complicated process, but we'll need to take a closer look at your system here to ensure that we get the steps just right for you. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.