Migrating to New Mac

Options
jannekeb
jannekeb
Community Member

I just got a new Mac and have tried to get the data for 1Password to transfer to my new Mac. I had a MacBook Pro and am transfering to a MacBook Air, both running Maverick. I was able to get the program to install on the Air but I am unable to get the data to transfer. iCloud is enabled on both machines, both indicate that 1Password is in the Data & Documents folder and yet I cannot get the Air to access the iCloud for the information. On my MacBook Pro, when I go to SYNC, it does not give iCloud as an option-- only some folders on my home drive. I have also tried migrating the data using an external hard drive and that also does not move the data, only the application. What am I doing wrong??

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jannekeb‌

On the MacBook Pro, when you open 1Password > Preferences > Sync, do you see a "change syncing" button?

Please let me know.

Ben

• jannekeb
    jannekeb
    Community Member
    Options

I see Change Syncing

• jannekeb
    jannekeb
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben. I clicked on "Change Syncying" and it immediately allowed me to change to iCloud and my Air found it by the time I got back to it!! What a relief!! I thought I'd be manually entering all the data! I appreciate the help very much!

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome @jannekeb‌ ! Have a great weekend, and enjoy 1Password!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.