Unable to install the latest beta (B12).

Options
Sacred_Brindle
Sacred_Brindle
Community Member

Hi -

I used the download link that Nik offered in today's email, to grab the build and did not have a previous version of the beta on my phone (rooted S3 w/ 4.3).
During setup, I select "I've used Password before", then "Sync using local storage", I navigate to the folder that I downloaded the keychain into and select the keychain. I'm offered a dialog stating "using /...Path/keychain," and returned to the folder view.

If I back out of the setup, I am prompted again. I tried selecting the keychain again with the same results. I uninstalled the beta, restarted, created a new folder, grabbed a new copy of the download, a new copy of the keychain and hit the same block.

It appears to recognize the keychain, but does not proceed with the installation. Am I missing something already documented (I did a quick scan over the posts), or ?

Thanks

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hi! What you described to me sounds like a bug. I haven't seen another user report a similar issue before. Let's figure out what's going on.

First of all, and if you don't mind, would you be able to send us a video displaying this behaviour to our support team: support+androidbeta@agilebits.com. It would really help our developers when they review this issue.

As a workaround, I would like you to select "I'm new to 1Password" from the welcome screen and create a new vault with the same master password as the one stored on your local agilekeychain. Once you have set up the new vault, unlock it and go into Settings -> Sync and enable Sync by tapping on the toggle. Please continue by setting up folder sync and let me know if it works.

• Sacred_Brindle
    Sacred_Brindle
    Community Member
    Options

Hi saad - thanks for the reply.

Sure, what would you like me to document on the video, could you please offer me the steps you'd like to see?

I reinstalled the sync from the desktop mac beta thinking that perhaps it needed to be done in a particular order and again with fresh folders, a new keychain created from the app, placed in the folder, synced to my phone with BTsync, I still get the same behavior.

thanks for the work around, but as I'm not in a hurry, I'll wait to help you guys trouble shoot. It would be my luck that the workaround would resolve the issue (not a bad thing for me, but....). ;)

-b

• saad
    Options

Just a video showing us exactly what you described in the original post - going through 1Password's welcome screen and setting up folder sync. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks in advance! :)

Could you also tell me a little more about your device? What device and operating system are you using? Are you using a custom ROM by any chance?

This discussion has been closed.