how many computers and devices

Options
bigbong
bigbong
Community Member

Hello,
I am so delighted with 1Password that I want my wife and my sister to use it. Can they use my license ? On how many different computers can it be used without infringing the license ? Thanks a lot for the good work

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bigbong,

It's so great to hear from users who love 1Password so much that they want more! If you purchased 1Password directly from our webstore, you would have had the option to purchase either a single-user license or a family license. A single-user license, as the name suggests, is meant for one user. :) This user can install 1Password on as many computers as they personally use.

If you'd like to get your wife and your sister in on the protection and organization of 1Password, it's easy to upgrade your single-user license to a family license. Simply input your current license information on our upgrade page to see your available discount on all our webstore products, including the family license for Mac.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions!

• bigbong
    bigbong
    Community Member
    Options

Very clear thanks a lot !

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bigbong,

I'm glad I was able to help - I hope that setting your wife and sister up with 1Password goes smoothly, thanks for sharing the love!

• bigbong
    bigbong
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi Megan,
    I hope you're still there ;-)
    Here is now my problem. I purchased my 1password on the app store. I wul like now to upgrade it to a family license. When I go on Agilebits page, there is no license under my name and/or email (address redacted by moderator). How to proceed ?
    Thanks a lot in advance.
    bigbong

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bigbong,

@Megan's away enjoying her weekend, as I hope you are also doing there. :)

Since you've purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, it can be installed on each of your family's Macs without repurchasing if logged in to the App Store application using the same Apple ID. Note that this can be a different Apple ID than any of you are using for iCloud services (including 1Password syncing). There's more information about Apple ID usage in this Apple article:

Using your Apple ID for Apple services

In other words, you can use the Mac App Store Apple ID that 1Password was purchased with in the same manner as a family license from our store.

If you're unable to do that for any reason please drop us email at support+sales@agilebits.com describing your situation, with a link to this forum topic and your forum username, and we'll be happy to help you get any licensing issues sorted out. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.