1Password is not capturing all logins

cjmusante
cjmusante
Community Member
edited March 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I'm on Windows 8.0, on a Lenovo X1 Carbon (brand new laptop) and I just joined a new company. So, I'm asking this laptop to capture a great many new logins over the course of a day. I'm finding that frequently, the 1Password application throws up a "capture box" when I try to login to a new app. One of two things happens at this point.
1) If for some reason, I fail to capture the login, and I log out and login again, 1Password fails to trigger, and throw up the "capture box".
2) It appears to me, as the user that the login got captured, but when I check the list of logins, it is not there. I quickly sort all logins by date, and make a note that the new login, which I captured, is simply not there. What makes matters worse is that the next time I login, and I hit Ctrl + \, the system does not enter the username or password.

How can I fix or troubleshoot this?
BTW, this same behavior happens on Firefox 27.0.1 and IE 10.0.9200

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Do you have the browsers' own built-in password-capture mechanisms disabled? They work independently of 1Password, of course, and we find that a source of great confusion to users who think it's 1Password prompting you to create a new Login item when it's really the browser.

Please let us know.

I ask because, unless you choose the "never" response to 1Password's initial prompt, it should prompt again every time you visit that site without having created a Login item in 1Password.

• cjmusante
    cjmusante
    Community Member
    edited March 2014

Hi, for both IE and Firefox, I have not disabled the browsers internal capture routine, but I use this utility only when 1Password does not flash up its own password capture indicators. The problem that I have, and the way that I described it are accurate, and I have a good understanding of the differences between 1Password, and internal password management models.

That said, I'm always willing and eager to learn more, but having been using 1Password, for 2 years, on 3 different computers and my iPhone, I'm pretty darn familiar with how it is supposed to work. This appears to be a problem.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Gosh, I meant no offense, @cjmusante. :( With no way to see your computer monitor, asking is the only way to rule out simple fixes before diving into a problem headlong.

Can you tell us a few URLs at which 1Password consistently fails to offer to save a new Login item when you don't yet have a matching Login item?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.