Manual Keychain File Update - Nexus 5

thepirat3king
thepirat3king
Community Member

Hi Agilebits team,

I love the Android app you are working on, it looks great!

I noticed an issue that may be of interest to you. I update my most important passwords about once a week, and don't trust sync services with my keychain file, so I end up syncing it manually between devices via USB very frequently.

I'm running 4.0.0b12 (Build 20140323) on a Nexus 5 and have noticed that my new passwords are not updated when I replace/update the keychain file, even though the notification bar indicates the app has finished syncing with the local data file.

I have tried to replace the file with the new copy, and alternatively to delete the local copy of the keychain from the device and then replace it with the updated version.

In both cases I login with my master password and wait for the sync to complete, then compare the plaintext of the passwords I have noticed are outdated. No dice.

I checked that folder sync is turned on, and the automatic sync setting is checked. I think the sync is somehow ignoring the newly updated passwords. The sync log indicates that one file is skipped because of its size (see attached screenshot).

Any idea what is going wrong in the keychain sync process? Thanks again for all your hard work, you rock!

Cheers.

Comments

• thepirat3king
    thepirat3king
    Community Member

P.S. I also mashed the "Report Sync" button and sent off the auto-generated email (from the account associated with this username), so you should have more details in your inbox shortly.

Cheers

• Just to follow up on this discussion, we talked over email and confirmed you were using an older agilekeychain since 1Password 4 for Mac does not have an internal agilekeychain file for the user to copy. It stores the data in its own format and only an agilekeychain is created if the user decides to enable Folder sync or Dropbox sync.

This discussion has been closed.