Restoring 1Password for Mac after a Clean Install

Options
debbryant
debbryant
Community Member

Need of help....

I run 1Password on my Macbook Air laptop, my Mac Mini desktop, my iPad, and Nexus7 and 10 tablets. I store my password data (keychain) on DropBox. I've done this successfully with no problems for a long time. I have approximately 275 items in my database. I have become highly reliant for my work on the application which makes life on the internet so much simpler.

I recently wiped my hard drive on my laptop and did a clean install of the current OS.

I then reinstalled 1Password on the laptop. When asked where my password data was stored, I directed it to DropBox.

I am not sure what file it actually restored from, but only a fraction of my items showed up (maybe 25%). Alarmed to see the loss of my passwords and logins, I quit out of the app and have not since opened out of concern that this may corrupt my full and accurate dataset.

I've looked through the discussion boards and I see bits and pieces of various things I may need to do, but I'm concerned about hacking together the correct solutions. I would greatly appreciate help with a walk-through on specific steps to get my laptop instance of 1password straight and make sure I don't wreck my good data in the process (or get pointed to documentation that matches my problem).

Thanks!

Deb

Comments

This discussion has been closed.