Syncing to drop box on three Mac computers but the files are not syncing

rodeman
rodeman
Community Member

I'm struggling with a syncing issue between three different mac computers (home, laptop and work). All three show that I'm syncing to dropbox and all three say they have synced as of x seconds ago. But if I enter something brand new on the laptop (while it's in my home using the same router that my home computer is on) it never sync to where my home computer can access the information. The one I have a work is the exact same way.

I have no idea what I've entered into my work computer and laptop vs the home computer, so I don't want to delete anything from any of the three because I may loose items I've entered there.

Can someone help me pin down what's causing this to not sync and I'm using version 4.0.5 (405001) on all three computers.

Thanks,
John

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi John ( @rodeman ),

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble keeping everything in sync. First of all, I notice that you're on 4.0.5. The latest version of 1Password 4 for purchasers from the Mac App Store is 4.1.2, and 4.2.2 for direct purchasers from our website. Please ensure that your software is updated, as our developers have done a great job squashing bugs lately! :)

Once your software is up-to-date, let's reset sync to give everything a little kickstart:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync, and toggle Dropbox to OFF.

• On the Macs, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Reboot the Macs and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the first Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Repeat the Sync step for your other Macs.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync. That should get everything on the same page for sure.

This discussion has been closed.