Web site server security certificate

Fairgame
Fairgame
Community Member

I occasionally log in to a web site that has invalid server security certificate. The owner would not change that setting.
On iPad I use build in 1browser that pretends to be Safari (Mac). It will not continue to this website, returning invalid server security certificate message.
That is probably good security feature of 1browser!
However, is there a way to let this one site to proceed with login? Currently my workaround is to copy and paste username and password to iPad's Safari browser opened in another window.
Thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Fairgame‌,

I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles with 1Browser right now. I've spoken with one of our iOS developers and he says that this issue will be fixed in the next update. When you try to access a site with an invalid certificate, you will see an error dialog that offers two options: 'Cancel' or 'Continue'. If you choose to continue 1Password will add that site to a list of trusted sites and should open it for you.

In the meantime, I do apologize for the inconvenience, and I'm glad you have a workaround in place! :)

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member

Hi Megan,

It is not a big problem to use my workaround. And I'm glad you you are working on the fix.

Thank you

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome, @Fairgame, on behalf of @Megan. Thanks for patiently using your workaround. :)

This discussion has been closed.