Chrome 34.0.1847.116 Code Validation Fails

Options
SockThief
SockThief
Community Member

Hi,

I just finished reinstalling my Mac (Mavericks) and installed 1Password 4 from the App Store along with the browser extension for Chrome, and it all worked fine. Recently (last day or so) the code validation stopped working and I'm not sure why. It is possible that Chrome upgraded perhaps, or something else is interfering with the validation. I have followed all the usual work arounds, rebooted, reinstalled the extension etc, and nothing has solved the issue. The build of Chrome is 34.0.1847.116 (this is standard Chrome, not Chromium).

Is anyone else having this issue?

cheers
SockThief

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have you tried specifically quitting Chrome and re-launching it?

Stephen

• SockThief
    SockThief
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Stephen,

yeah. quit (cmd+q), relaunched, updated, removed and reinstalled the add-on, and all the other work arounds that have been mentioned on the troubleshooting page!

im guessing you're running this build with no issues?

/SockThief

• sjn
    sjn
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar problem with Safari - just this week. Same steps, plus re-starts, trying the beta extension instead, etc. In my case I thought it related to a recent update of the browser (the latest for Mountain Lion), so it's interesting to see a similar issue with Chrome.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@SockThief‌ sorry I'm not in fact running Chrome at all - but merely saw from an old thread that re-launching Chrome had helped with that problem.

Stephen

• Jasper
    Options

Hey guys,

I'm sorry that you're still having trouble with this. Could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• SockThief
    SockThief
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jasper,

after filtering through the diagnostic report, i found sophos was still running (should have been disabled) followed the suggestion to fix the issue and all is working well now.

thanks, and apologies for the mistake!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SockThief‌

I'm so glad to hear that you got things straightened out there- thanks so much for letting us know :)

This discussion has been closed.