Disabled sync?

dvo llc
dvo llc
Community Member
edited October 2010 in iOS
I am trying to do a sync. I meet the system requirements with the latest 1Password versions on my MacBook Pro and iTouch gen 4. At this point in time, I get a message on my MacBook Pro that says:

New connections are disabled by 1Password touch.

In 1Password on your iPhone or iPod
touch, select Settings > WiFi Sync >
Allow New Connections and then try again

The password I have used on the iTouch to establish the sync connection has unsuccessfully been entered as either the password I use on my iTouch to open 1Password and the password I use to open 1Password on my Mac. Both have been unsuccessful.

What is the password I need to enter on my iTouch in order to establish the sync connection?
Will a successful sync connection establishment un-disable new connections?

Thanks in advance.

David

Comments

• Hi David, welcome to the forums!

In order to set up the Wi-Fi sync, your 1Password needs to be open and running. If you forgot your password for 1Password touch, it can not be reset.

Your master password is used to encrypt all your confidential information for each item that has the master password enabled; without this password the data in these items cannot be recovered. Your 1Password master password is known only by you, and we cannot reset it for you; if we could, that would be a security hole that criminals could use to steal your data.

With 1Password touch 2.1, we had a partial upgrade option that allowed you to use just the unlock code to upgrade your 1.4 database to 2.1 format. If you used this option, your master password may be the same as your unlock code (unless you have changed it on the Settings screen, since then).

If this does not apply to your situation and you cannot remember the password, you will need to reset your master password. Make sure you're using version 2.3 and then navigate to More > Settings > Security and tap Reset Master Password. Note that any entries that were previously protected by the master password will be permanently lost.

If you reset the database and have previously synced your 1Password data with 1Password on your Mac, you can easily restore your data during the next Wi-Fi sync. Likewise, if you used the built-in "backup and restore" feature to save a backup copy of your 1Password data, you can use it again to restore that saved backup file.

Please follow this guide on how to configure the Wi-Fi Sync with your iPhone.
    http://help.agile.ws..._to_iphone.html

I recommend using the Dropbox sync for your iPhone, it's much easier to use than the Wi-Fi sync. Plus it'll sync in virtually real time from anywhere without having 1Password open on both ends at the same time in the same network. This guide will help with the Dropbox Sync setup:
    http://help.agile.ws...th_dropbox.html

Please let me know if you have more questions. If you need more help, you can contact us at support@agile.ws
  • dvo llc
    dvo llc
    Community Member
    Thank you Mike.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    On behalf of Mike, you are most welcome! Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Cheers! :-)
This discussion has been closed.