Problem removing version 3 extension from Firefox [resolved]

Options
tuni12
tuni12
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

Installed 1 PW 4.1.2 on DH's iMac last week. He had, (but didn't use very much, 1 PW 3.9). I convinced him he needed updated version, bought it from the MAS. Now unable to access in FF28.0, the add-on/extensions in order to remove the 1PW3 extension. We go to Tools/Add-on, the list comes up for a couple of seconds, then goes crazy and defaults to unwanted Garmin extension, it happens almost immediately! There must be some conflict between 1 PW extensions and the FF add-ons (can't even access the Add-ons Manager - it happens so fast.

I've downloaded and installed FF 28.0 a couple of times, that doesn't solve the problem. am unable to do anything about the Tools/Add-ons page, immediately reverting to some strange Garmin extension and there is no way to get to any of my other add-on extensions!

I can't hit the disable fast enough. Have read about removing the 1PW 3 extension and how to do it, but, as described above, can't get to the add-ons page to do it.

Am thinking I should remove 1 PW totally, if I can. Also maybe remove FF totally and re-install both since this all happened after the 1PW installation. However, I don't know if its a 1PW or a FF issue....

Have looked in downloads and can't even find the FF 1PW 3.9 extension which I had selected previously when he only had 1PW 3. If I could remove it then I'd stop getting the pop-ups from 1PW 4 that the previous extension from 1 PW 3 must be removed. I can't remove it due to the add-on page problems in FF.

By the way, 1 PW 4 is working for him but maybe I should just remove all references to anything having to do with 1 PW and its apps. Don't know if that will fix the FF tools/add-ons problem or not????

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Now trying to help the original poster... If you don't have any important data in 1P4 you could try starting over. That would give you the chance to disable the rogue extension in FF before you re-install 1P4.

Edit: this Mozilla page on removing problem extensions may also help you.

Stephen

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

that fixed it - started FF in safe mode which enabled me to remove 1 Password 3.9.1 extension. therefore I didn't have to start over in 1 PW. :) thanks so much.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, I'm so pleased it worked!

Stephen

This discussion has been closed.