Blank (empty) database

My wife started/unlocked 1Password this morning on her computer and was greeted with a blank/empty database…1P unlocked correctly and the window appeared as normal except for no data in any category. Locked and unlocked, same result. Database file showed as very small (unfortunately didn't record size, believe ~200-300 bytes) in terminal so it appears that data was in fact missing from the file.

Reloaded from most recent backup and all appears well. 1P is used infrequently on her computer if that matters…perhaps once a week.

Computer is an iMac running 10.7.5; 1P 3.8.21 build 32009. Database is kept on the computer and not on dropbox or iCloud (computer hd is backed up to an external drive). Troubleshooting report available if wanted.

Been using 1P since 2007 and never seen this happen. Any ideas on what happened and how to preclude a repeat?

Thanks, Bill

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BillC,

I'm so sorry you had a bit of a scare with your 1Password database there! Thankfully you had backups in place to protect against such a situation.

It is difficult to determine just what happened without taking a closer look at your system. And, as you have already restored the backup, I'm not 100% sure that a Diagnostic Report will give us much detail on what happened, but you're welcome to send one in to us if you'd like us to take a peek. To create a diagnostics report on OS X 10.7 Lion or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, please follow these instructions:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/12057

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• BillC
    BillC
    Community Member

Diagnostics report forwarded via email; thanks for any assistance.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BillC,

Thanks so much for sending that Report in! I've located it in our system, someone from our team will respond to you as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.