Force 1password to associate site with login data

I'm on 1password 3.8 for mac. I'm trying to "reassociate" a 1password login with a website. Sites constantly change their login page or landing, and I find that 1password often loses that association. I don't want to lose the old 1password card which I may have a lot of note and history info in -- so rather than generating a new one, I simply want to enter the id/password manually one time, and then force 1password to associate that old card with this new url. I did this in the past but can't figure out how now! Help!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PRL,

Unfortunately, 1Password 3 does not have the ability to update a Login. This feature was added in version 4, but to change your details in version 3, let's try this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart. (This will ensure that you don't lose your previous info.)
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary
    • Click the + button in the corner.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

If that doesn't work, could you let us know the site's address so we can test it?

This discussion has been closed.