Importing from Dashlane -- for a non-techie

Options
2»

Comments

• vblinden
    vblinden
    Community Member
    Options

I also created a tool that converts Dashlane to 1Password (at least it tries). It can be found at https://dashlane-to-1password.com. I hope it helps somebody to make it easier to switch to 1Password.

Thanks

• Whoa, @vblinden that's awesome! :love: Thanks so much. I'll share this with the team. They're gonna love it.

• cmfrazier
    cmfrazier
    Community Member
    Options

I'm trying to convert to 1P....I will give this a try tonight. I have over 300 logins, so this should be a good test.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@cmfrazier ,

Hopefully the tool will work on your data set. Unfortunately, no tool can be reliable, since the Dashlane export data itself is ambiguous and ill-defined. At best, your data will convert just fine, but its likely you'll have some incorrectly converted data. Be sure to take a look at your entries afterwards.

• cmfrazier
    cmfrazier
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC Good to know! I'll check it out.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017
    Options

:+1: :)

• cmfrazier
    cmfrazier
    Community Member
    Options

So it worked for the most part. I was using Safari at first and it displayed the output, it did not download to a file. I switched to Chrome to test, it outputted the 1P CSV, I imported it and most everything came over. My logins are 3 less than what Dashlane had...so who knows. Identity and credit card info did not come over as expected.

Overall I'm happy with the tool.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for following up to let us know! MrC might have some ideas about the items that weren't imported to 1Password (or perhaps they weren't exported to the CSV in the first place), but overall it sounds like you're in pretty good shape. If you have more questions about that or need help with 1Password, we're here for you! :)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@cmfrazier, @Drew_AG,

My guess would be that the quoting issues mentioned in my linked thread above caused entries to split into multiple entries.

This discussion has been closed.