Wifi sync only with primary vault?

Options
naw
naw
Community Member

Hello,

i tried to add a secondary vault to my iphone. When hitting itunes import, i only got to the apple help page saying what to do to import files via itunes, even though the *.agilekeychain was already added to 1Password inside of iTunes apps section.
Second, after putting the vault into dropbox (even if i preferred to sync "offline"), i managed to add my vault to ios, but - i can't setup a wifi sync now. Does this not work for secondary vaults? Do i have to rely on iTunes up/download or Dropbox?
Or does the wifi sync get updated to a later time to also be capable of multiple vaults?

Kind regards! naw

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @naw,

I apologize for the difficulty here. Currently Wi-Fi sync is only available for primary vaults. Our developers are keen to add this for secondary vaults as soon as possible, and I've added your vote to the issue in our tracker.

• gkran
    gkran
    Community Member
    Options

Add another vote for this feature.

• rizzior
    rizzior
    Community Member
    Options

Add 1 more Vote

• naw
    naw
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

that is good to hear. Can you tell us, if this is a short-, midterm- or rather a longterm issue?
    I'd really need this very badly! :-( :-)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gkran, @rizzior‌ and @naw,

Thanks so much for adding your feedback here. Unfortunately, I can't speak much to timeline on this, simply because it is our policy not to comment on unreleased features, but I am more than happy to pass your votes along to our developers.

• mattsch
    mattsch
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan‌,

please add another one :)

I am waiting for this, because I just want to sync vaults "locally" and not go through "the cloud".

Are there any plans to add Wifi Sync between Macs/computers?

Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mattsch‌

I'm happy to add a vote for you here. Unfortunately, I can't say much about future plans and features, but I'd be happy to let our developers know that you are also keen on Wi-Fi sync between Macs. Our developers are committed to ensuring that there are cloud-free sync options available for users. :)

• BlakJak
    BlakJak
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, @Megan,

+1, again, for what it's worth. I'm desperately hoping that every vote counts. :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BlakJak,

Thanks for adding your vote - I've passed it along to our developers. They've been very good at listening to user requests - don't lose hope! :)

• probleman
    probleman
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

please excuse my bad english...

I have bought 1Password 4 for Mac and 1Password 4 for iOS yesterday. First of all "VERY GOOD SOFTWARE!!!".
    Local sync via WLAN was the most important feature for me. It works with the primary store very quick and stable.
    But I can't sync my other stores... At the iOS App I can only sync other stores via Dropbox.

Is it a bug or a feature (..or an user mistake)? :-)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @probleman‌

I've deleted your second post and moved your original post into the thread that you found that answers your question. I'm so glad to hear that you've found the answer to your question, although I'm sorry we don't have a better answer for you right now!

(Also, your English is a lot better than any other language I would try, so no need to apologize.)

Please let us know if you have any further questions - we're here to help!

• simonlbn
    simonlbn
    Community Member
    Options

FWIW, please add another vote for the ability to sync non-primary vaults. I would like to only sync a subset of my passwords to my Phone, and doing it via a non-primary vault seems like the simplest way.

(Of course it would be even better if I could just only sync entries with a certain tag or in a folder, but I suspect that is more complicated than it sounds.)

• Jasper
    edited August 2014
    Options

Thanks for adding your vote, @simonlbn! We appreciate the feedback. :)

internal reference number: OPI-504

• xmnr
    xmnr
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! Please add WiFi sync for more than one vault in the iOS app!!!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @xmnr‌

Thanks for the feedback! I've added your vote to the issue in our internal tracker. :)

• adec2
    adec2
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Please add another vote for WIFI sync for multiple vaults. I'd also like to be able to sync different vaults with different PCs & Macs - e.g. a work wallet with a work PC, a personal wallet with both a work PC and a home Mac, and the possibly a finance wallet with just the home Mac.

• Thanks for the feedback, @adec2‌

• jurtrx
    jurtrx
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! Any chance you could comment on non-cloud sync improvements in the upcoming version 5? I've been desperately waiting for any non-cloud-based sync option for secondary vaults since you brought back wifi sync (great call btw!) but instead of improving this you even removed the iTunes-based sync of secondary vaults.

Any chance of wifi- or iTunes-based secondary vault sync in version 5? Or is this more like a version 6+ feature? (I really hope it's not gonna be that long!)

• Ben
    Options

I can't say for sure when we'll see this but I suspect we'll see it sooner rather than later.

• Kampf Katze
    Kampf Katze
    Community Member
    Options

Starting today with a second vault, but missing the syncing over WLAN to. Only DropBox???... Never :-X

So I wish me a sync for WLAN or other options for other vaults to. Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

WiFi syncing cannot currently sync secondary vaults, but that is something we're looking into adding for the future. Thanks!

• zupo
    zupo
    Community Member
    Options

Another vote for WiFi syncing multiple vaults! As it stands now, 1P for iOS is mostly unusable for me, as I'm a heavy user of multiple vaults and I cannot afford syncing through a third-party cloud provider (DropBox, that is).

• wir3d
    wir3d
    Community Member
    Options

Add one more vote please

• Ben
    Options

Thank you for the continued feedback, folks.

• thebrady
    thebrady
    Community Member
    Options

Please add one more vote. I am not able to use Dropbox on my corporate network for sync so I'd like to have my personal primary vault set up with dropbox and a secondary work vault that syncs with wifi so that my secondary vault is only on my work pc and my phone.

Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @thebrady,

I'm happy to add a vote for you here. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! :)

• jones4224
    jones4224
    Community Member
    Options

Hello.
    Please add a vote from me, too.
    I need multiple vaults to be synced via Wifi to my iOS devices (iPhone and iPad).
    Thank you.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

This is from the release notes of 1P5.1 for Mac beta, which is under test at the moment:

Wi-Fi Sync of Secondary Vaults

We've added the syncing of secondary vaults via Wi-Fi in this build, enabling you to sync all of your vaults without using iCloud or Dropbox.

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Hopefully we can get the current beta moved to a stable release quickly. :)

• Scott LaPlante
    Scott LaPlante
    Community Member
    Options

Good luck with progression towards stability; I'm so happy to learn this functionality is coming soon!

This discussion has been closed.