4.3 installed from MAS, how to uninstall 4.1?

tuni12
tuni12
Community Member

The old version which I also bought from the MAS keeps popping up. I can't find it in my Applications folder. How do I uninstall this previous version. I now have 4.3 from the MAS? In my applications folder it just shows 1 Password as a folder not as a specific icon for a specific version....????

Comments

• Hi @tuni12,

So we can easily investigate, and give you specific instructions, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

have sent the report, hopefully, you can provide simple instructions on how to get rid of the 1PW 4.2.1 which keep popping up when I click on the 1PW folder (is this an alias?) in my Applications folder - and why isn't the 1PW 4.3 icon in the Applications folder? The 1PW 4.3 icon is on my Dock shouldn't it also be in my applications folder along with other Applications? This is much more confusing than it should be. Help!!! :)

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

update: Have finally been able to remove 1PW 4.2.1 from Finder-Applications. I no longer see it there. The version I get by clicking on the folder in Applications (which says 1PW) does bring up 4.3 finally.(therefore, the problem may be solved - will check again later to be sure). The other part of my question, however, still remains - why is there a folder in Applications Folder instead of the 1PW icon?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tuni12‌

I think your question will be better answered by taking a look at that Diagnostic Report you sent in. I was unable to find an email in our system from the address you attached to your forum account. If you are still waiting for someone on our team to take a look at the Report, could you please send me a private message with the address that you used to send in the Report, and I'd be happy to track it down. :)

This discussion has been closed.