Integrating watch tower

Options
Amnesia
Amnesia
Community Member

I have seen the announcement of the watch tower service but was wondering if you have any plans to integrate the service into the desktop version? I have nearly 400 log ins and it would take ages to actually copy and paste all the details to the web page to check.

My suggestion is that it could be automated and would only send domain details (ie no password) so that it could be scanned and you could either get an email or notification that the web site was insecure. This could also then mean that as watchtower was updated to cover any future threat it could scan websites for individuals almost as soon as either the user requested a scan or it was automatically updated say daily or weekly. It personally would save a huge amount of time to scan 400 log ins.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

See post #36 in this thread in the Lounge. You'll also find posts in the beta forum because the integration is in beta at present and is still being developed.

Stephen

• Amnesia
    Amnesia
    Community Member
    Options

Well it has appeared in my sidebar on the latest 1Password update. So now only 120 passwords need to be changed. So it makes it a lot easier to work out the problem sites. Then I can start on my renewal of other sites. I never really look in the beta thread as I am not a developer and only use the released versions.

• Meek
    Options

Hi @Amnesia,

Thanks for the update! Watchtower was indeed integrated with 1Password in the recent 4.4 update.

I'm glad to hear it is making things easier for you! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!

This discussion has been closed.